Ozone Depletion Prevention (ODP)
Ontario Regulation 238/01
You must have an Ozone Depletion Prevention Card (ODP) to service and repair refrigeration equipment and to purchase and handle refrigerants.
The ODP course is based on Environment Canada’s code of practice for reducing CFC emissions in refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
The course deals with environmentally correct equipment design, proper handling of CFC/HCFC/HFC and will prepare the participants for complying with provincial regulations covering refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
Participants who attend the course, and successfully achieve a mark of 75% or greater on the exam, will be eligible to receive certification in the form of an Ozone Depletion Prevention (ODP) wallet size card (Ontario only). Cardholders must renew their cards through HRAI ( The Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada) every five (5) years.
- Schedule 0
- Quizzes 0
- Category 3 hours
- Accreditation All level
- Articulations English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
The course will cover the following topics:
- CFC’s and the Ozone Layer
- Recommended Components
- System Charging Procedures
- Refrigerant Recovery, Reuse, Recycle and Reclamation Equipment
- Isolation Values
- Leak Detection Methods
- Special Maintenance Provisions
- Registration is open to anyone 18 years of age or older.
- This 100% theory course does not involve hands-on training and is designed specifically for those wishing to write the ODP certificate examination.
- service and repair refrigeration equipment and
- purchase and handle refrigerantsODP Certification is a requirement for those persons who:
- The course is suitable for residential, commercial, industrial, domestic, automotive and mobile applications.