Manufacturing: Welding Skill Upgrade
Emphasis of this course will be on the topics of widely used fabrications and welding processes. Students will have the opportunity to upgrade their skills in MIG – all positions, TIG – all positions and weld with carbon steel, stainless and aluminium.
The course will also provide an overview of blueprint reading, welding symbols and additional fitting skills.
This course offers flexible scheduling (days or weekends) up to 30 hours in duration.
- Schedule 0
- Quizzes 0
- Category 3 hours
- Accreditation All level
- Articulations English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
The course offers a review of the following topics:
- Safety and Trade Science
- Technical Drawing;
- Fasteners, Threads, Lubrication;
- Rigging, Lifting, Shafts and Attachments;
- Bearings, Drive Belts;
- Installation, Levelling and Alignment;
- Metallurgy, Metal Cutting Process;
- Chain and Friction Bearings;
- Pumps and Seals;
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems;
- Prime Movers, Material Handling;
- Ventilation, pollution Control;
- WHMIS Review.
- Registration is open to anyone 18 years of age or older.
This is a theory course and is recommended for persons with related trade experience.